How Often Should The Fuel System Be Inspected?
Just like with regular cars, BMW’s, Porsche’s and Mercedes’s need to have regular inspections for optimal performance. This goes especially well with fuel systems as internal combustion engines will not run without them. There are parts in a fuel system that are meant to stand up to years of use, but some parts tend to out last longer than other parts of the system. The system as a whole should be inspected regularly to see what parts of the system need to be check on. As some parts of a fuel system need to be inspected more often than a others as well as different parts needing different levels of maintenance.
Fuel System Parts To Be Inspected
- Fuel Filter – The fuel filter needs to be inspected or replaced the most often out of the other parts of the fuel system. Regular inspection is good to keep track of its usage so you know when to get it replace. Filters of a fuel system should be replaced every 10,000-15,000 miles.
- Hoses – The hoses in which the fuel running to components of the engine bay should be checked regularly. Whenever you have your car serviced, ask your mechanic to check these tubes for breaks, blockage or anything else that would cause concern.
- Fuel Injectors – Injectors should be inspected annually for performance issues. However, they should be replaced if there are issues with fuel delivery within your engine.
- Fuel Lines – As with any line in your car, if you see that fuel is leaking under your car then you should have your hard fuel lines inspected. Any leakage should result in replacing those faulty lines for new ones that will not leak.
- Fuel Pump – Pumps usually last around 100,000 miles but there could be signs that inspection is needed. This happens when the pumps begin surging fuel towards the engine or not delivering enough fuel. You will want to get an inspection regardless of the mileage if any surging begins.
- Fuel Tanks – Fuel tanks necessarily don’t need to be inspected as they tend to last around 10 years. However, to extend the life of your fuel tank, avoid water and excess moisture at all cost to extend the life of your tank past 10 years.
Performing regular inspections and maintenance will increase the life span of your fuel system as well as providing your vehicle with consistent performance. To schedule a fuel system inspection for your BMW, Porsche or Mercedes call our office today!